"About the New England Blazers:"
The New England Blazers are a competitive travel baseball program that competes in AAU and C.A.B.A. Our goal is to provide young ball players with a high level of skill development and an atmosphere of competitive baseball.
Our philosophy is to teach fundamental techniques that will allow the player to reach his highest potential. In addition to technique, the coaching staff strives to instill the core values of respect, integrity, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
"Duties and Responsibilities"
The New England Blazers are looking for head and assistant coaches for the 2016 season. We expect our coaches to be able to teach the basic fundamentals of hitting, throwing, bunting, base running, and situational defense.
1. Help conduct team tryouts and player evaluations during August and September 2016
2. Prepare for and coach approximately 35 pre-season practices and one weekly in season practice.
3. Head coach is responsible for selecting 12 players, obtaining signed Membership Agreement, Code of Conduct and birth certificate.
4. At the first practice, Head Coach will fit each player for uniform and gather all sizes in a provided spreadsheet. Once all players and coaches have been fitted, I will complete the order process with the vendors. Only Owner approved clothing shall be ordered.
5. Enforce the Blazers Code of Conduct and Membership Agreement and overall good sportsmanship with parents as well as players.
6. Create your own game schedule. The Blazers play doubleheader games both Saturday and Sunday during the season. Enter all games and results on the website.
7. Communicate with the opposing teams to confirm game time and location, one week prior to every weekend game.
8. Select local tournaments within driving distance. Coach is responsible for player attendance prior to committing to tournament. If the Blazers cannot field a team (12 players) from its existing roster, then the team will not be entered into the tournament. If a second tournament is selected and it requires sleeping away, an additional stipend for the tournament along with travel, meals and hotel costs will be covered. Head Coach is responsible for collecting all tournament fees. Check must be made out to the New England Blazers from the parents.
9. Communicate at least weekly, game and practice times and locations. This should be done each Sunday.
10. Record all player statistics on the AAU website on a weekly basis.
- Bachelors degree
- College playing or coaching experience
- Must be able to pass a background check